At ASK Investment Managers (ASK IM), we design concepts to provide differentiated, customised solutions, with all of them adhering to our common and consistent investment philosophy. We aim at creating long-term sustained wealth for you, short-term volatility notwithstanding.
Our suite of offerings is basically derived from our investment approach based on imbuing our five key investment attributes: size of opportunity, quality of business, management quality, earnings growth, and value.
Quality of management is a qualitative attribute, while the other four are quantitative, and its threshold for clearance is kept at the 'highest' level. As far as quantitative factors are concerned, the threshold is kept at 'high to highest level' of clearance.
Before a stock is included in the portfolio, it will have to adhere to all the five investment attributes. However, each of our offerings are differentiated by the dominance of one of the four quantifiable parameters, as illustrated below:
India Select Portfolio*
*The strategy is a best ideas portfolio representing all the key value-creating attributes. The portfolio represents an eclectic mix of size, growth, quality and value; to achieve optimal balance.
Our core strategy takes into account:
- All attributes have to be present in each stock across any strategy
- Any stock selection across any strategy has to pass a minimum defined threshold for all the attributes
- None of the attributes in any strategy will score an 'average' level
- At least one attribute for each strategy will be at a heightened (highest) level
- 'High' positioning (not necessarily 'highest') for the other three attributes
- High quality of management is a given constant among all stocks across any strategy
The Growth concept invests into pedigreed, well-established businesses having the highest 'Size of Opportunity', while ensuring that the earnings growth, quality of business and price-value gap remain at a high - highest level of clearance. The quality of management remains at the highest level.
- Large size of opportunity enables superior long-term earnings growth
- Quality of business or ROCE is pegged at a high level
- Margin of safety is kept at a meaningfully high level
Benchmark Index: Nifty
The objective of Life strategy is to earn long-term fail-safe character through investing in extremely high-quality businesses with consistent and visible earnings growth, meaningfully large size of opportunity and sizeable price-value gap. The quality of management remains at the highest level. For inclusion in the portfolio, the investment prospects have to pass the following criteria:
- Superior ROCE
- Non-dilutive earnings growth
- Long-term, consistent and predictable earnings growth such that this growth will lead to atleast matching, if not higher, investment returns
- High pay-out
- Tested history of preservation of capital
Benchmark Index: BSE 200
Indian Entrepreneur Portfolio Strategy
The concept invests into Indian entrepreneurs with adequate skin in the game who have demonstrated high standards of governance, vision, execution, wisdom, capital allocation and capital distribution skills. They run businesses that are amongst the highest long-term earnings growth.
- Focus is on top-drawer earnings growth without capital dilution
- High quality of business
- Meaningfully large margin of safety
- Size of opportunity remains at a high enough level and growing
Benchmark Index: BSE 500
The strategic concept emphasises on investing into businesses with among the highest 'margin of safety' or 'price-value gap', while ensuring that the earnings growth, quality of business and size of opportunity remain at a high enough level. The strategy seeks to achieve quality long-term returns through unearthing of 'value'. The quality of management remains at the highest level.
- Large size of opportunity
- Quality of business or ROCE is at a superior level
- High earnings growth
Benchmark Index: BSE 200
India Select Portfolio
The strategy is a best ideas portfolio representing all the key value-creating attributes. The portfolio represents an eclectic mix of:
- Size of opportunity
- Earnings growth
- Quality of the business
- Price-value gap
The portfolio aims to achieve an overall optimal blend. Also important to note that, quality of management remains at the highest level.
Benchmark Index: BSE 100